Benefits of Family Travel Destinations
It’s becoming more common for families to travel together during holidays or to celebrate family milestones. Family travel destinations often are designed to include activities for all ages, making it easy for multi-generational families to create travel memories no matter what stage of life each family member is in. Click To Tweet
It’s also becoming more popular to gather the family for holiday travel rather than having holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas at one home. Since many family members may have to travel anyway to get home decided to create a family holiday trip can offer less holiday stress and more family time.
Top Ten Most Popular Family Travel Destinations (2019)
According to a study by Virtuosos Luxe, these destinations are the hottest family travel spots this year.
- Orlando, Florida
- South Africa
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
(Mexico is the most popular cruise destination for US travelers almost every year.)
Top Ten Unconventional Family Travel Destinations (2019)
If you want to take your family off the beaten path to more unconventional destinations, these are the top ten destinations for 2019.
- Galapagos Islands
- Cuba (there are currently travel restrictions to this country)
I’ve been to many of these 20 destinations so here’s my recommendations for family travel.
- Moderate priced destinations for US families include Mexico (either cruise or land), Costa Rica, and Spain.
- If you’re looking at holiday family travel I recommend avoiding Orlando during Christmas holidays unless you are good with big crowds.
- England and Spain have many destinations that are family friendly and offer a great way to teach history, foreign cultures, and art.
- At a higher end, Iceland has outdoors and active adventures that are sure to delight everyone, along with many hot pools for relaxation. It’s family friendly, too.
- Another higher end destination for families that offers unforgettable sights are the Galapagos Islands.
If you’ve decided to gather your family for a trip here are a few getting started pointers.
- Make sure every family member has a passport if you plan trips outside the United States (and keep track of all documents in a travel organizer like this).
- Create a list of participating family members with dates of birth, legal name, address, and e-mail address.
- Select your dates of travel. One set of dates probably isn’t going to work for everyone, so be open to some family members staying longer, some staying a shorter time.
- Pick 2 destinations and poll family members to select one of them.
- Set a firm budget that everyone can live with. If grandparents or parents are footing the bill, let them set the financial limits and respect it as you discuss length and destinations.
- Let a travel advisor help you! We can help you with potential family travel destinations, budget, and booking. No one family member should have to do all that!
Leave your name and email to download our Perfect Packing List, and to receive now-and-then notices about travel destinations and travel specials. Click To Tweet Browse all these destinations on our booking site and contact us for advice.