What’s on trend this summer for sunglasses style? No matter where you are traveling for summer vacation, sunglasses should be on your packing list. The Vision Council sponsors National Sunglasses Day (#NationalSunglassesDay) every year on June 27th to help promote eye safety from the sun. Wearing sunglasses is important to protect your eyes from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays. Click To Tweet So we’re here to give you 4 on-trend sunglasses styles perfect for summer travel, along with our Amazon affiliate links for quick shopping. How did we pick from all the sunglasses we reviewed?
- On trend – travel in style is our mantra.
- Good coverage from the sun – summer sunshine in the US and in Europe is intense. Be sure to select a frame that protects your eyes and as much of your face as possible. (Go here for a look at our go-to travel sunscreen.)
- Lightweight and easy to put into a case – look for a sunglasses case that fits into your backpack or small purse and isn’t crushable.
- Moderate in cost – don’t take sunglasses on travel that you can’t afford to lose.
- Good reviews on Amazon
Sunglasses styles on trend right now
What are the sunglasses styles perfect for summer travel? The big winners are oversized aviators, retro sunglasses styles, cat-eye frames, and square sunglasses frames. Last year’s trend was smaller frames with lenses that sometimes barely covered the eyes. This year, it’s the opposite – and coverage is better for your eyes as a result.
Oversized aviator sunglasses are everything!
Worn by celebs everywhere, aviator sunglasses styles are back again after being not-so-trendy for a few years. But this time they are oversized, and often there is a bit more detail on the wire frames. Take a look.
Retro sunglasses styles
These FEIDU retro men and women’s oversized aviator sunglasses are high quality, comfortable and sweat proof.
These Mosanana square Cat-Eye sunglasses for women have a retro trendy style. They come in a variety of fun colors like transparent pink, tortoise and more!
Another stylish pair of cat-eye frames are the SOJOS retro vintage cat-eye sunglasses for women. These also come in cool colors like a white and black pair, blue mirrored lens with white frame, matte black frame with pink mirrored lens and more.
Square sunglasses styles
Speaking of SOJOS, they have these oversized flat mirrored lens square sunglasses for women.
And here’s the top pick from one of the gals on my team. The MuJaJa Classic oversized womens sunglasses with polarized UV protection have a vintage look that fits ergonomically with any face shapes.
Pick up a pair of trendy sunglasses today! Your eyes will thank you for it and you’ll look fashionable too.
Trendy is fun, but sunglasses are serious!
- Look for a label, sticker or tag indicating UV protection before purchasing a pair of sunglasses. #nationalsunglassesday Click To Tweet.
- Children’s eyes differ from adults’ in that children’s eyes don’t filter UV light as effectively as can adults, so kids sunglasses are important!
- UV rays are just as dangerous on cloudy days as they are on clear days.
Help pass the word about #NationalSunglassesDay and protecting your eyes. And use these sunglasses styles to be fashionable while you travel.
Ready to browse or book travel? You can do both on my full service booking engine, or contact me at email@example.com for travel advice.